Departs From: Tokyo
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up or Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
Available: Departs daily at 09:00, Tuesday Thursday Saturday at 09:00
Product Code: 1434
Experience the rich history and culture of Nara and Kyoto! In Nara, visit Todaiji, the world's largest wooden structure and home of the Great Buddha. Mingle with the deer at Nara Park and marvel at the many lanterns at Kasuga Taisha Shrine. In Kyoto, see the Tokugawa era shogun's residence, the Nijo Castle: Admire the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion, and stroll through the exquisite gardens surrounding it. Walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace and watch traditional artisans work their craft at the Kyoto Handicraft Center.
Day 1: Tokyo - Kyoto - Nara - Kyoto
Tour departs from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at 09:00. Pickup service is available. English-speaking staff will assist you in boarding a Shinkansen Nozomi super express from Tokyo Station for the classical city of Kyoto.
Departure times from Tokyo Station will be between 09:30 and 10:00.
Enjoy a splendid view of the imposing Mt. Fuji en route (weather permitting). After arriving in Kyoto, have a buffet-style lunch at the New Miyako Hotel.
Take the afternoon tour by motorcoach to Nara, the first permanent capital of Japan. Visit Todaiji Temple, the world's largest wooden structure and home to a great image of Buddha, the colorful Kasuga Taisha Shrine with its 3,000 stone lanterns, and Nara Park, where a tamed herd of sacred deer freely roam amidst the sightseers. Return to Kyoto by motorcoach.
Day 2: Kyoto
Morning guided tour of Kyoto by motorcoach, visit Kinkakuji Temple, called the Golden Pavilion for its glittering walls, the Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors, and the elegant Kyoto Imperial Palace.
After a buffet-style lunch at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, take the afternoon guided tour of Kyoto by motorcoach, visiting Sanjusangendo Temple with its 1,001 impressive images of Buddha, the vermilion-hued Heian Jingu Shrine, and the Kiyomizudera Temple, featuring spectacular views from its wooden veranda.
Day 3: Kyoto - Tokyo
Free at leisure to explore Kyoto until departure. In the evening English-speaking staff will assist you in boarding a Shinkansen Nozomi super express train back to Tokyo.
Departure times from Kyoto Station will be between 18:00 and 19:00. Tour ends upon arrival at Tokyo Station between 21:00 and 22:00.
Tourist Class: Karasuma Kyoto
First Class: Kyoto Hotel Okura
*Hotels are subject to availability and may be substituted with similar accommodations if not available. This will be confirmed on your voucher.
- 2 lunches
- English-speaking assistant or guide service except when onboard the Shinkansen
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Baggage carriage
- Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- We recommend you to leave your large luggage at your hotel in Tokyo and just bring an overnight bag since there is no space for large luggages on the train.
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays.This tour will visit Nishi Honganji instead.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays during the months of January, July, August, and December, as well as during national holidays. This tour will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
- You will be asked for your full name, nationality, gender and age (necessary procedures) before entering the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- Pick ups are available from selected Tokyo hotels.
- 2013 changes: The tour of Kyoto on Day 2 will depart from New Miyako Hotel, and lunch will be a Western-style buffet.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.