Departs From: Florence
Meeting Point: Outside Santa Maria Novella train station
Duration: 12 hours
Available: Departs daily at 08:00
Product Code: 7197
Join the only day trip from Florence to take you to all five villages of the Cinque Terre on a stunning cliff-hugging coastal walk. Take a break from the museums and get outdoors for this unique and memorable experience, hiking this UNESCO World Heritage-listed site, exploring the only unspoilt survivor of the genuine Italian Riviera.
Led by our knowledgable guides, you will be amazed by the views along these scenic trails as you wander the vineyards and olive groves and along the spectacular coastline.
From Florence, head towards the coast, passing by famous Tuscan towns such as Lucca and the white marble quarries of Carrara on your way to the region of Liguria. Once in the Cinque Terre we begin the first stunning, rugged walk along the steep coastal path towards Corniglia, where we stop for a delicious and rewarding lunch on the terrace of a restaurant with a magnificent sea view.
After lunch we continue the walk along a challenging but beautiful trail – every step of the climb is worth it! Once in Vernazza, guests have free time to go for a dip in the sea, have gelato or relax with a cold drink in a cafe. You can even visit the old fortress or window shop in this quaint and colorful town, one of the prettiest of the Cinque Terre.
A short train ride to Monterosso gives us more free time to enjoy the beautiful beach, visit the local artisan shops, have a glass of wine or a freshly squeezed Monterosso lemon drink. From here a relaxing boat ride along the coast takes us back to Riomaggiore and our last walk is the famed Via dell'Amore (“Lovers Lane”) to Manarola before we get back on the coach to head back to Florence.
These ancient trails are rough but manageable. Be prepared for hiking – although the path is open to everyone, remember that the ground can be slippery, uneven, and in places steep and narrow. The charm of the area is that it is natural and unspoiled, do not expect hand rails or safety rails when steps are steep or when the path is close to the edge.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Rail travel between villages
- Entry tickets to the Cinque Terre National Park
- Boat ride along the Riviera (weather permitting)
- Spectacular coastal views and landscape
- Delicious lunch in a local restaurant overlooking the sea
- Time to explore the Cinque Terre villages on foot
- Free time to take a swim in the clear blue sea
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour is available in English only.
- Vegetarians, gluten-free and other dietary requirements can be accommodated. Please inform upon booking.
- Because of the nature of the hike, this tour is not suitable for small children or anyone with walking difficulties. You must be of average fitness and able to keep up with the rest of the group
- In case of unexpected closure of the paths for unforseen events, alternative routes will be taken instead.
- The tour operates rain or shine.
- This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable shoes. No flip-flops allowed. We recommend you wear sneakers, walking boots or closed toe shoes with non slip soles.
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 years old.
- The tour returns to Florence at 20:30.
- We recommend you bring a swimsuit, a towel and sunscreen.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 26 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Hop On / Off Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Night Tours
- Photo Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shopping & Fashion
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Something Different
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Private Tours
- City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Airport Shuttle