Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Duration: 2 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Departs Friday Saturday at 20:15
Product Code: 6575
When you travel to Paris, you will most likely eat at a restaurant twice a day for several days. It is fantastic, but it might also get old. This wine tasting dinner is just what you need for a special Paris food and wine experience. We created this experience for people willing to treat themselves to a meal they will not forget! To be part of this, there is no need to be an expert. What matters is that you love wine and food and you want to have a good time.
The dinner starts at 20:15 in our 17th century wine cellar right near the Louvre. Throughout dinner, we'll taste four different wines chosen by our sommelier to marry perfectly with the food that night. The meal will be a traditional and well executed French meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert. The menu is the same for all participants, but if there is anything you don't eat, just specify it when you book and we'll take it into account. If upon arrival you realize that you don't eat what we suggest, our chef will prepare an alternative course for you - no worries. The menu varies from season to season, to ensure the freshest possible selection in season constantly changes.
With a unique and refreshing approach, our sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up and refine your wine knowledge. He will share with you the secrets to taste wine properly, to navigate a wine list and to choose wine at a restaurant. He will expertly guide you through the the main wine regions of France, explain to you how to read a French label, how to pair wine with food, and so on.
Our wine tasting dinner is both informative and fun. It is also always a unique experience where people get to meet similarly-minded people, food-, fun- and wine-lovers from all over the world, all seated at the same table.
We'll finish up the evening with the tasting of a digestif (Bas-Armagnac, Cognac, Calvados, etc), just to make sure you go back to your hotel with a big smile on your face!
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
- Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly - techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label - concepts of Terroir and AOC - quick comparison Old World vs. New World
- The main wine regions of France - the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Secrets to pairing wine with food - helpful tips and recommendations
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Three-course menu
- The list of the wines we'll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Four fantastic French wines (including one Champagne) and a digestif
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your travel date.
- Tastings are provided in English unless otherwise stated.
- No minimum attendance required.
- Youths aged 16 years and under are not permitted alone.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 16 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Hop On / Off Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Photo Tours
- Rail Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shopping & Fashion
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Something Different
- Theme Parks
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Airport Transfers & Ground Transportation
- Private Tours
- City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Airport Shuttle