Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Duration: 2 hours
Available: Departs Friday at 17:30
Product Code: 6576
We designed our Grands Crus masterclass for people willing to treat themselves to an outstanding wine tasting experience. To take part in this, there is no need to be an expert. What matters is that you love wine.
The tasting starts at 5pm in our 17th century wine cellar right near the Louvre. We'll taste six different wines, coming from 6 different regions of France. We selected great wines for you: older vintages, grands crus, premiers crus, grands crus classes, wines that come from the nicest wineries in France.
With a unique and refreshing approach, our sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up and refine your wine knowledge. He will take you through the main wine regions of France, explain to you what it takes to make a truly great wine, guide you through the specificities of French terroirs, explain the hierarchy of French wines and give you names you should be looking for. The content of the class will be tailored to meet the expectations of the participants so that our sommelier teaches you exactly what you are interested in.
Our master class is both informative and fun. In just two hours, you will learn a lot as you taste fantastic French wines. Then at 19:00 or so, we'll let you go, intoxicated not by the wine, but by the pleasure of having tasted greatness!
All the wines you will taste are available for sale (plus many more too; just ask your sommelier).
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
- Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly - techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label - concepts of Terroir and AOC - quick comparison Old World vs. New World
- The main wine regions of France - the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- The greatest wines of France: how they're made and names to remember
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Bread baskets from the same bakery as the president of France
- The list of the wines we'll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Six fantastic French wines, including one Champagne
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your travel date.
- Tastings are provided in English unless otherwise stated.
- No minimum attendance required.
- Youths aged 16 years and under are not permitted.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Prices are per person
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Hop On / Off Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Photo Tours
- Rail Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shopping & Fashion
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Something Different
- Theme Parks
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Airport Transfers & Ground Transportation
- Private Tours
- City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Airport Shuttle