Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: Rambuteau Metro Station
Duration: 2 hours
Available: Departs Monday Wednesday Friday at 15:00
Product Code: 8354
The Marais Walk winds through the charming streets of one of Paris' oldest districts. Site of the first Jewish settlement, this eclectic neighborhood now welcomes up-scale boutiques and an active nightlife. Modern museums share cobbled streets with ancient hotels creating a unique contrast. See for yourself why everyone is talking about the Marais!
- Place des Vosges - The perfectly symmetrical trees lining the Place des Vosges remind us of Catherine de Medicis' love of precision. Now visitors flock to this once royal park to enjoy lazy picnics and visit the home of Victor Hugo, located at pavilion number six.
- Rue des Rosiers - Possibly the cheapest & tastiest eats in the city can be found on this street! Lined with falafel shops and Jewish bakeries, the cobblestoned Rue des Rosiers is the place to experience authentic Jewish cuisine and culture. The only trouble is deciding between a bagel and a rugelach. Mazal tov!
- Centre Pompidou - This inside-out building constructed in the late 1970's still has Parisians talking. Known for its obscure collection of modern art, it also showcases works from household names such as Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol, and Jackson Pollock. Street performers often take advantage of the large arena in front of the museum.
- Hôtel de Ville - This is city hall of Paris and home to the mayor, Bertrand Delanoë. The original building dates back to 1553 but has been rebuilt on several occasions after destructive fires. The front square welcomes an ice skating rink in the winter, a jumbo viewing screen during sports tournaments, and various art galleries throughout the year.
- Memorial de la Shoah - Inaugurated in 2005, the Shoah Memorial attempts to bridge the generational gap between surviving contemporaries of the genocide in Europe and the future generations. Here you can discover many personal accounts of Holocaust victims from France during WWII.
- Musée Carnavalet - A masterpiece of the 17th century construction, this former mansion now houses the Musée Carnavalet: a free history museum of Paris. Inside, you can see replicas of the Bastille Prison as well as a miniature guillotine. The outside courtyard is a great example of the French style manicured garden.
You will also see Place de la Bastille, Hôtel de Sully, a Jewish synagogue and some of the oldest houses in Paris.
- Guided walking tour of Marais
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Meals and drinks
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- All tours run in all types of weather and will not be cancelled because of rain.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Cruises, Mini & Dinner Cruises
- Day Trips & Excursions outside the city
- Food, Wine & Gastronomy
- Hiking, Cycling & Outdoor Activities
- Hop On / Off Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Nature & Eco Tours
- Night Tours
- Photo Tours
- Rail Tours
- Segway & Walking Tours
- Shopping & Fashion
- Shows, Cabarets & Concerts
- Something Different
- Theme Parks
- City Tours & Sightseeing
- Airport Transfers & Ground Transportation
- Private Tours
- City Pass & Skip the Line Tickets
- Airport Shuttle