Departs From: Durban
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Available: Departs Sunday at upon request
Product Code: 1209
DAY 1 (SUN) ISANDLWANA AND FUGITIVE'S DRIFT
An early start to the famous battlegrounds of KwaZulu-Natal. An expert guide will recount the 1879 Battle of Isandlwana, where 24,000 Zulu impis took on the firepower of the British troops and wiped out almost an entire regiment in less than an hour. Then to Fugitive's Drift, where all those who fled the Isandlwana battlefield that fateful day were killed. Visit Rorke's Drift, where a handful of British soldiers, outnumbered 35 to 1, fought off 4000 Zulu's for 12 hours, a battle which saw 11 Victoria Crosses awarded. Return to guest house for a delicious dinner. (Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 2 (MON) SPIOENKOP
Visit Spioenkop's summit where the second and bloodiest attempt by the Brits to relieve Ladysmith occured. Incredibly, both Winston Churchill, then a reporter, and Mohandas Gandhi, a stretcher-bearer, witnessed the nine-day battle of January 1900. This tour recounts fascinating tales of the Anglo-Boer and Anglo-Zulu wars. Relive these intriguing stories, some of astounding bravery, recounted by an expert battlefield guide. (Breakfast, Lunch)
- 1 Breakfast
- 2 Lunches
- 1 Dinner
- Experienced and specialist battlefields guides
- Pick-up from Durban city and selected beachfront hotels (View List Here)
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Pick-up from other hotels may be requested at the time of booking. Other hotels not included in pick-up list have additional cost.
As of now this product cannot be booked online. Please Contact us for quotation and / or more information.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.