Departs From: Xian
Meeting Point: Bell Tower Hotel
Duration: 7 hours
Available: Departs daily at 09:00
Product Code: 8598
Discover the temples, tombs and tantalizing cuisine of Xi'an on this urban adventure that takes in ancient history, regional flavors and religious philosophy.
Start the tour by meeting a local guide in Central Xi'an then travel to the Han Yang Ling Museum (also known as the Tomb of Emperor Jingdi). This is considered one of Xi'an's most underrated sights and many feel that it rivals the Terracotta Warriors!
Take time to explore the collection of treasures on display in the incredible Underground Museum. Be introduced to the fascinating life of this Han Dynasty emperor and find out what was happening in the kingdom during his rule. While here see terracotta human figures, animal figurines, remains of wooden chariots and implements from daily life, all put here to assist the emperor in the afterlife.
There is also the option to watch a short 3D film (in Chinese only) about Emperor Jingdi or perhaps choose to take a closer look at some of the objects within the museum that have been removed from the opened tombs.
Next, travel to the nearby town of Sanyuan to visit small, family-run snack stalls. While here, sample some of the unique flavors only available here such as flour noodles, local pickles and flour soup.
Next, step inside the stunning Temple of the City God and be awed by the truly amazing Taoist architecture. Wander through the halls and corridors of this beautifully preserved temple and marvel at the delicately layered roof and colorful carvings.
Learn all about the Taoist afterlife and hear some ghostly tales from your guide before heading to a local restaurant to try some tasty, regional dishes - sesame noodles, spicy lamb "burgers" and fresh stir-fried greens are the usual favorites. Afterwards, journey back to central Xi'an where this enlightening tour ends.
- English-speaking guide
- Transport and entrance fees (as indicated)
- Entrance fee to the Hanyanling Underground Museum
- Entrance fee to the Temple of the City God
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour takes between 6 to 7 hours.
- Please be in comfortable walking shoes.
- During national holidays and on weekends, sights in Xi'an can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times, we recommend visiting Xi'an outside of these periods or taking your tour on a weekday.
- If we are unable to cycle due to poor weather conditions (rain or snow), we will complete our tour of the City Walls on foot and include a visit to the Ancient City Wall Museum.
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
- The currency is set to
- Learn more about our Best Price Guarantee!
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.